Skip to main content

new job in hand now

Life is dramatic, if you look closely enough.

Last minute I drop countless CVs in almost every shops in the central London and wait for the response restlessly and there is not even a postive answer for me.

Next minute I have to reject, block, or even lie to the coming phone calls because there are too many job-offers for me to choose and I can only accept one, of course.

Although I could accept any one of them before I hand in my CV to them, it is only one place that I like most (and expect call-back least). Luckily, the manager from that place finally called me a day before I went to sign the contract with the other company. In order to get get interview with the store I like most and hold the other offer as a back-up, I tried to get to meet the manager 2 hours before I have to run to the other company ( am I an an opportunist? if it defines by the money I left in my account, yes, I am an opportunist who tries to survive)

It was one of my most exciting moment in my life, the interview. It went on almost 2 hours and most of time I feel like that I am the host of a talkshow, all they want from me is talking more about myself. So I kept talking and talking until one of the manager said that "are you always such chatty, or you are just pretending to get good impression from us?"

"Well...yes and no...I have been very talkative since I was 7, and I have to catch every moment in the interview to grab the chance to work with your and your team, therefore, yes, I am a bit over excited indeed, but this is part of real me for sure"

And they said that they are happy to pass me to the head of recruitment department, but I have go to their head office asap, and it just happened that the head was available that afternoon, so I could go to meet her right away. It was 12:30, 30 minutes before I sign the contract with my back-up company.

"what if the head of the department doesn't like me? what if I go the back-up late?"
"Fuck it" "you can get this one, and you will get this one as long as you focus on how to impress this guy"--Those are the self-conversations of mine when I was waiting in the head office on the chair.

12:40, here came the director, it is a she. She is very nice, and seems that she couldn't wait to give me the offer, only 5 minutes talking, including a briefly conversation about salary and holidays and working hours. She said "good, welcome on board" to me.

next thing I could remember is that I lie to the company (the back-up one) that because of some private reasons, I couldn't take the offer and then I back to the store to measure the size of my uniform--from head to toe.

Comparing with many other kinds of job a human being could possibly get, this job is really nothing at all, it is just a job in the fashion clothing store. And my duty is nothing else but try to sale the items in the store to the customers. But I love it, I love the way they interview me--which they didn't try to ask how good a sales person I am and how much benefit I could bring to the company but try to understand who you are, and what you want to get from them.
I also love the uniform--prada suit, from a superfical pov haha. And I am content with the distance from home to the working place.

It is first time that I feel that we are communicating with each other and there is a sense of mutual respect between us.

Looking forward to working in the new environment and meet new people and get my first full time pay slip in my life. and looking forward to see what is the next.

I never know where life will take me to, all I can do is follow the current of life, and don't let the current swing me out of the track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Norwegian Wood

Yok says that i like this song very much. Yes, I do. Everytime I listen to this song, I feel that I am in the old British house with a strong fire in the fireplace, and it is about 9ish in the evening and it is always in the winter. Most of time I would sit on the sofa, by the side of the fireplace and the smell of old carpet and wood would mix up to become a scent of enternity--old, but timeless. I would repeat the song again and again with eyes closing to let the every little stories of my life run in my mind without any pause. Most of time, I couldn't even have time to think of any event happened in my life, the song repeated itself again. Life is very long if I can live up to 80 years old, but life is also relatively very short, if we only extract the essence of it and compare it with a legth of a song, like the Norwegian Wood, maybe life could be shorter than 2 minutes and 5 seconds. Well, this is what I always think of when listening to the song, and I still don't know ho

dinner

主菜:黑胡椒勃勒蘑菇雞肉義大利麵(名字越長感覺越好吃哈哈) 先用大蒜爆香雞肉再放入一些辣椒跟奶油,最後再放入所有佐料 配上嚼勁剛好的麵條,內斂的豐富感完全是大滿足阿 前菜一:奶油法國麵包 前菜二:新鮮沙拉佐蜂蜜芥茉醬 自己下廚的好處就是想吃什麼就可以作什麼 雖然花時間但省錢又有趣 還可以獲得成就感(當然前提是好看又好吃的話) 缺點就是所有的餐點同時上來 用餐的順序也從前菜到主菜改成由熱到冷的順序 沒辦法,沙拉可以冷食,義大利麵冷食就不敢恭維了

(5)火雞大餐,boxing day 以及下雪一直滑倒的那個冬天

時間沒有飛逝,它極正常的走到了 12 月,老外很重視這個月分不只是因為大家要感恩, 還有那個跟人群擠來擠去花錢不眨眼的不知足的 boxing day , 我想也許那是男男女女都得像打拳擊一般的快狠準, 才能搶到不可思議便宜好貨的日子,所以叫做 boxing day 吧。 同時間,大學生要回家吃聖誕大餐, 各方的留學生也都已經搞定到世界其他國家度假的簽證了, 於是在學校宣布聖誕假期來臨的不久後, LEEDS 也幾乎成了空城, 迎接我的聖誕假期是一個可預知的安靜的幾星期。 因為我不喜歡有規畫的旅遊, 不喜歡預訂旅館車票, 也因此,不喜歡因為要出去玩而申請簽證, 所以我就跟著萊恩一家人過著傳統英國人的聖誕假期去了, 那是個火雞與紅酒在胃裡和平共處的平安夜。 第一次發現愛提早打烊的英國商店在 12 月 26 日 那天是與全國的交通一起度假去了, 連要買包洋芋片都沒辦法, 第一次發現原來火雞大餐是在下午三點開始吃的, 也許是反正外面也沒有什麼搞頭, 第一次發現原來老外也玩比手畫腳, 他們是用幾個音節來代替幾個字, 然後愚蠢的想像力跟肢體語言其實跟我們差不多, 也是第一次發現,五個不同國籍的人們在同一個餐桌分享火雞時的場合是這麼的有趣, 非洲朋友酒喝得比吃的肉多,利比亞朋友什麼都說夠了夠了, 中國朋友忙著聊天多於吃飯, 而台灣來的我愛吃雞腿愛吃皮, 英國的居民則只愛吃去皮去骨的雞胸。 整個冬天應該還有發生很多事吧, 一時之間卻只記得下雪和滑倒。 在這裡第一次看到了嘩啦嘩啦的雪花, 聽氣象原來 Leeds 也很久沒有如此景象了, 隔著窗戶看起來一切都好美,好像浪漫的電影,好像會有美麗的邂逅。 但實際上雪打在身上是有聲音的,啪搭啪搭的不怎麼悅耳, 白色的雪落到地上被車子被人們踩來踏去一下就變成混濁的灰黑色冰泥感覺的東西, 一點都沒有純白被淨化的感覺, 只想趕快離開戶外是我唯一的願望。 最痛苦的則是在好幾個喝醉酒的晚上, 以及應該還算清醒的清晨, 我必須走過被雪覆蓋又被冷空氣凍成冰的路才能回家或是出門。 生命得小心的如履薄冰。 有一個晚上走過斜坡的時候我很自然的就滑倒了, 躺在地上的時候發現星空很美