Skip to main content

new job in hand now

Life is dramatic, if you look closely enough.

Last minute I drop countless CVs in almost every shops in the central London and wait for the response restlessly and there is not even a postive answer for me.

Next minute I have to reject, block, or even lie to the coming phone calls because there are too many job-offers for me to choose and I can only accept one, of course.

Although I could accept any one of them before I hand in my CV to them, it is only one place that I like most (and expect call-back least). Luckily, the manager from that place finally called me a day before I went to sign the contract with the other company. In order to get get interview with the store I like most and hold the other offer as a back-up, I tried to get to meet the manager 2 hours before I have to run to the other company ( am I an an opportunist? if it defines by the money I left in my account, yes, I am an opportunist who tries to survive)

It was one of my most exciting moment in my life, the interview. It went on almost 2 hours and most of time I feel like that I am the host of a talkshow, all they want from me is talking more about myself. So I kept talking and talking until one of the manager said that "are you always such chatty, or you are just pretending to get good impression from us?"

"Well...yes and no...I have been very talkative since I was 7, and I have to catch every moment in the interview to grab the chance to work with your and your team, therefore, yes, I am a bit over excited indeed, but this is part of real me for sure"

And they said that they are happy to pass me to the head of recruitment department, but I have go to their head office asap, and it just happened that the head was available that afternoon, so I could go to meet her right away. It was 12:30, 30 minutes before I sign the contract with my back-up company.

"what if the head of the department doesn't like me? what if I go the back-up late?"
"Fuck it" "you can get this one, and you will get this one as long as you focus on how to impress this guy"--Those are the self-conversations of mine when I was waiting in the head office on the chair.

12:40, here came the director, it is a she. She is very nice, and seems that she couldn't wait to give me the offer, only 5 minutes talking, including a briefly conversation about salary and holidays and working hours. She said "good, welcome on board" to me.

next thing I could remember is that I lie to the company (the back-up one) that because of some private reasons, I couldn't take the offer and then I back to the store to measure the size of my uniform--from head to toe.

Comparing with many other kinds of job a human being could possibly get, this job is really nothing at all, it is just a job in the fashion clothing store. And my duty is nothing else but try to sale the items in the store to the customers. But I love it, I love the way they interview me--which they didn't try to ask how good a sales person I am and how much benefit I could bring to the company but try to understand who you are, and what you want to get from them.
I also love the uniform--prada suit, from a superfical pov haha. And I am content with the distance from home to the working place.

It is first time that I feel that we are communicating with each other and there is a sense of mutual respect between us.

Looking forward to working in the new environment and meet new people and get my first full time pay slip in my life. and looking forward to see what is the next.

I never know where life will take me to, all I can do is follow the current of life, and don't let the current swing me out of the track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(4) RYAN COOKE, My best friend ever

Everyone who knows me in the England definitely knows that I have a friend called Ryan Cooke, and if my life has any difference from other people, it is also because of him. It was in the late September of last year I met Ryan in front of the library. He told me that when I introduced myself in the class, he already decided to make friends with me because instead of explaining why I study at this programme, I said that Taiwanese army sucks and like to drink whisky. Ok, fair enough. As for me, before we had our first coffee in the Opposite, my impression of him was that he is a tall guy, like to listen to Jazz, dresses like a band player and can drink a lot. I think that we do exchange our numbers, but for a new comer in the UK like me, it is almost impossible to understand what a native speaker is talking about on the phone at beginning, anyway, thanks god, we can use text. However, the first coffee with him was not through the phone or text but the coincidence (if there is no destiny)...

結婚

結婚 這天風裡有比糖果還甜蜜的味道 是幸福為你們的精心佈局 兩千道彩虹也無法詮釋那幾近狂暴的悸動 人生從此不再與影子跳雙人舞 的確,承諾的重量不輕卻是單膝跪下的適當負荷 時間伴隨著騎士的眼神和淬鍊的堅定而閃亮 刻畫在牆上的則是為了一切而存在的存在 與你們錯過的不會再是彼此,並且 一場神聖的儀式將證明即使偶有磨擦如 段落的話語稍不接續的時候 愛依舊是獨特的重力只吸引互相 情感製成的調色盤也會讓生活裡 的悲喜永遠有最新鮮的顏料,於是在 起床後惺忪的看著對方的同時,僅僅 點頭微笑便是世上最美麗的瞬間 這是兩人的時刻 與一段愛情的起點

時間

  時間 時間是海水 因為當人的祖先 從海洋爬上岸 身體感覺很輕盈 不習慣沒有水的壓力 於是就創造了時間 一分一秒的日子 給了你我的人生 像海水壓抑著魚兒 那麼樣的無感的壓力 直到要離去才知道 不能沒有水壓 卻也抓不住時間 不信嗎?呼吸一口 以為是得到氧氣 實際上是無色無味無形的時間 告訴我們自己還活著 就像是群魚漫游在海中 只知道從出生開始 就不能逃離 除非死去