Skip to main content

The orange building

Apparently this building has recently awarded as the best tall building in the Europe, and this title has forced me to value it again.

I never feel comfortable with this orange rusty building every time I pass by. It is like a poisonous stick pins in my beating heart. It is a thing should not be located in this area, Leeds.
Why? just because it is new, but look old, and it is young comparing with the white house in front of it, but looks very threatening, even the clouds have to give a way for it.

The future is going to devour the present and past with the ugly looking but high technology (it is the weird shape that help winds go through the building easily and save the energy to win the prize), evolution is not always better looking, but better efficiency...
I surrender. Not because it looks better after wining the golden medal, but because I am stunned by the designer's creativity--"the most unacceptable idea usually leads the trend".

Anyway, I feel good that before I say goodbye to this city, I no more hate this building after passing by it more than 300 times.
It will always remind me of the time when Ryan and I criticize this building and try our best to like it.
If future is a creative monster trying to take over my past, then, come on to eat me, I'll take it.
One day the lord of time will tame the monster into another past of mine, like Leeds, like this orange thing.
And there is always a new future that I have to face, Like London, this time.

Comments

  1. Ha! Contrary to your opinion, Joe likes this building so much! so gradually i learn to appreicate it. It's always like unfinished, which make me expect more on it. Every time i pass by i always take one more look on it, though it's not changing anymore. Just like life! for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I always take one or two more look on it, although our opions are different, it seems to reflect the same feeling--the feeling of our life, and, your life will keep changing, and will be better than that unfinished building!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(4) RYAN COOKE, My best friend ever

Everyone who knows me in the England definitely knows that I have a friend called Ryan Cooke, and if my life has any difference from other people, it is also because of him. It was in the late September of last year I met Ryan in front of the library. He told me that when I introduced myself in the class, he already decided to make friends with me because instead of explaining why I study at this programme, I said that Taiwanese army sucks and like to drink whisky. Ok, fair enough. As for me, before we had our first coffee in the Opposite, my impression of him was that he is a tall guy, like to listen to Jazz, dresses like a band player and can drink a lot. I think that we do exchange our numbers, but for a new comer in the UK like me, it is almost impossible to understand what a native speaker is talking about on the phone at beginning, anyway, thanks god, we can use text. However, the first coffee with him was not through the phone or text but the coincidence (if there is no destiny)...

愛情考古學

  愛情考古學   靈魂像袋沉甸甸的金幣 不停的掏出來給情人 愛是無價寶,金幣再多也總嘆不夠 故我繼續挖掘金礦以下 除了愛情之外,還可以是什麼 鐵鍬咚咚的挖不下去八百年前的壁岩 在這之前的情感 都媲美金石,敲不碎的 因為那時沒有散漫的愛情 只有堅硬如枷鎖的婚姻 那怎麼會挖不過去 應該很好就穿過了啊 父母之命,媒妁之言 反而堅若磐石 跟現在說說笑笑的婚姻相比 是不鶯歌燕舞卻很長鎖一心 愛情是各時代稀少的珍珠 再挖下去也不能改變現狀 說到底啊!愛情本身是沒有對錯的, 愛上的那個人更是沒有任何方向感的 邱比特的箭亂射人心 羅密歐愛上茱莉葉 人有壽命長短,愛情是附著在人身上 當然也有長長短短的活躍期 那是緻密砌造的城堡 還是天廣地闊裡的草屋 適合讓它佇足呢? 愛情是攔不住也推不動的 也是它讓人們的日子多了份 閃爍不定的魔術感 人們只好傷心的概括 那發生在他們之間的情愛統稱緣份 考古挖掘完走出山洞 有天會有一人跟我交換金幣 然後牽彼此的手 在幾代的愛情岩層上 一起坐看雲起時

樂觀與悲觀

  樂觀與悲觀   昏沈的時候總希望有興奮劑 讓時間過得更有快感 興奮的時候到總怕有個 無形的拉繩攔腰把我扯下   希望之所以夠格成為希望 就是那永遠差一步的距離 或其實是很多步,但每次前進 都以為只剩一步之遙 所以我們永遠懷抱希望。   你們看到的愚蠢是最豁達的無畏 他們的關心是最痛的針氈 而我們的忙碌則怎麼也 掩蓋不了粉飾的日常   沒有爬過黑暗甬道 怎麼會覺得陽光刺眼? 所謂的樂觀應是 徹底的悲觀主義   那所謂的悲觀呢 就是明知走不到那一步 還要每天笑笑地說 我們就要到了